Goal:You will be adding style to the form you created for your first assignment. Your goal is to use CSS to recreate the layout of the original form. The layout does not have to match 100%, but should be a fairly close representation.
Constraints:While working toward this goal, please:
- Do not significantly modify your content.
- You may improve your markup, especially to identify the elements you which to manipulate.
- Turn in exactly one CSS file, and one HTML file.
- As before, do not place any CSS styling or attributes in your html, beyond the link to your CSS file.
Validation:Validate your page using the W3C CSS Validation Service. Address as many of the resulting warnings and errors as you can.
Test your page on various browsers ("crossbrowser testing") using Browserling, Browsera, BrowserStack or SauceLabs — or any equivalent tool. These tools make it easy to see how a page is rendered in different browsers without actually running those browsers. Test at least half of the following browsers:
- Firefox for Windows
- Firefox for OS X
- Chrome for Windows
- Chrome for OS X
- Chrome for Android
- Internet Explorer for Windows
- Safari for OS X
- Safari for iOS
Your goals for a good grade are to:
- 10% Good turnin
- 15% Good separation between semantic markup (html) and appearance (css)
- 25% Avoid deprecated html and css
- 25% Do cross browser testing and validation, report same
- 25% Good approximation of the appearance original form
Deliverables:Using wolfware classic assignment "css_assignment", submit:
- one CSS file
- one matching html file
- a text file of at most 1-2 pages documenting how you corrected and improved your CSS and HTML.