LENT - A project that turns library technology into art.
Problem:How to combine useful data about Hunt Library's Tech-Lending resources with digital art and sound.
Description:A project to turn library technology into art. Users are able to see a visual representation of the technology that is currently available to be checked out at Hunt library in the Immersion Theatre. On the left is a legend that allows the user to see how many of each item is currently checked out, as well as a key that shows what each shape in the visualizer represents. On the right is the visualizer - a unique way to display the data about what technology is currently available and checked out from the library. The purpose of the project is to find a way combine a useful data with art, as part of NCSU Hunt Library's CodeArt Competition.
- System Testing within the Immersion Theatre
- For every 10 or so minutes, allow each individual sound to provide a "roll-call" along side an animation, so that viewers could see which object is associated to which device
- Convert 3D objects to three.js
- Allow the aesthetics of the visuals and sound to change depending on the time of the day
- Update the "Castle" so that we have different variations showing up on the map
- Add Camera/Tilt Perspective to the map space
- Change mechanism in which the chart is currently being loaded, so that a Timout doesn't need to be used
- Allow extendability with loading objects, for easy inclusion of new devices
Created By: Cameren Dolecheck, Tori Santonil, Filip Kolev, Zane Hissom, Nicholli Bernard, Kamaria Hardy