Below is your next assignment!
- Recreate the first two pages of our course syllabus in HTML5 alone, as faithfully as possible.
- Don't use any CSS, limit tags that control appearance.
- Maintain the same semantic structure in the syllabus.
- Preserve all existing links.
- Your page should be easily improved.
- Your recreation should be suitable for all use in a classroom context.
- Validate your page using the W3C Markup Validation Service validator.w3.org. Address as many of the resulting warnings and errors as you can.
- Test your page on various browsers using Adobe BrowserLab. BrowserLab makes it easy to see how a page is rendered in an OS X browser even if you're using a Windows machine, and vice versa. In BrowserLab, test at least the following browsers:
- Firefox 11.0 Windows
- Firefox 11.0 OS X
- Chrome 18.0 Windows
- Internet Explorer 9.0 Windows
- Safari 5.1 OS X
- Using this link, submit the following as a single zip file by Thursday September 13, class time:
- Your version of the homepage HTML5 source.
- A text file of 1-2 pages documenting what you did in your redesign, what the results of your validation including any remaining errors and warnings, and your summary of the results of the BrowserLab testing.