Below is your next assignment!
- Recreate the first two pages of our course syllabus in HTML5 alone, as faithfully as possible.
- Don't use any CSS, limit tags that control appearance.
- Maintain the same semantic structure in the syllabus.
- Preserve all existing links.
- Your page should be easily improved.
- Your recreation should be suitable for all use in a classroom context.
- Validate your page using the W3C Markup Validation Service validator.w3.org. Address as many of the resulting warnings and errors as you can.
- Test your page on various browsers using Adobe BrowserLab. BrowserLab makes it easy to see how a page is rendered in an OS X browser even if you're using a Windows machine, and vice versa. In BrowserLab, test at least the following browsers:
- Firefox 11.0 Windows
- Firefox 11.0 OS X
- Chrome 18.0 Windows
- Internet Explorer 9.0 Windows
- Safari 5.1 OS X
- Using this link, submit the following as a single zip file by Thursday September 13, class time:
- Your version of the homepage HTML5 source.
- A text file of 1-2 pages documenting what you did in your redesign, what the results of your validation including any remaining errors and warnings, and your summary of the results of the BrowserLab testing.
Post a Comment