Thursday, September 20, 2012

Example: Grand Theft Auto 4 Interactive Map

What it is and what it's for:

The interactive map is design for the game Grand Theft Auto 4 and it allows you to find different types of items located in the city. The game GTA4 is set in a city in which you have to navigate, just like a real city. It's quite large and finding your way around can be a challenge. The map is most useful to people who are trying to achieve 100% completion in the game. In addition to the main storyline and missions, there are several additional types of missions or activities to complete. One example of this is the car the car theft missions. The map can help you locate the cars you need to steal to complete these missions.

How it works:

The map looks like a standard Google Map, which it actually is. There a zoom and scrolling feature, but it's all based on a fictional city. They have even incorporated street view capabilities on the map. There is a legend on the side so you can toggle which types of elements are displayed on the map.

Why I like it and the competition:

Having this map saves a lot of time and hassle. In the game you are constantly having to find different things in the city and this is a huge help. I like that it works like a typical Google Map so it is easy to use. I also like that you can control what elements are displayed on the map. I have not seen other maps as interactive as this one. I have only seen maps that display the locations of certain items and have limited zoom functionality. I haven't seen any that show element images on the maps or ones that support a street view feature.

The map can be found here:

My voice thread can be found here:
http://voicethread.com/share/3421548/

No comments:

Post a Comment